Wednesday, September 21, 2005

HE'S A TRAVELIN MAN

I just got off the phone with MY/OUR friend STB.
He will be headed for Laredo before the crack of dawn.
I'm worried about him.
I'm glad he's planned ahead,
I'm proud of him.
I know how hard it is to get real about your own safty.
But Damn, he is alone and doing this "running for your life
shit" alone, well that has to suck.
Even so, he can run, so it's not so bad.
And he'll have that great wit and wonderful sense
of humor to keep him company.
And us, we'll be with him every mile of way.
RQM

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie in FL said...

How unfair that after volunteering to help those affected by Katrina he must now run from Rita.
Sorry he must travel alone but we all travel with him in spirit.

Hope he reaches safety soon and is out of harms way.

8:56 AM  
Blogger I n g e r said...

Red, you fill up my heart. Honestly.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home