Saturday, August 06, 2005

MEET MAH

This is an e-mail I recieved from my 80 year old nearly blind friend Mary Ann. Her life long dream came true 4 years ago when she moved to Ptown.
The Ptown angels, of which there are many, have rallied around my friend. Senior Services in Massachusetts have given her a sense of peace she hasn't felt since her Macular Degeneration started. They help her in ways none of us who are sighted can imagine. She told me the single most wonderful thing about the SS, is the pedicures.
Imagine.
She has a large screen TV that magnifies type so she can type and read and be connected to the world. She still does beautiful pastel drawings. While she still could see, she made glorious weavings. She taught me how to slip cover a sofa. I only ever did one, YIKES, never again.
In this mail Virgina/Va is her girlfriend of many many years who died about 6 years ago. K/B refers to her keyboard which we hope is now fixed.
I've already explained her Amazon info is incorrect.
RQM

Now that you are a working class Mom and must rush home to feed bathe and help the little ones with their homework, and clean up, you can't have much time for checking out what's happening in the big world. I'm so delighted to still be here on earth and finally find out the truth of important events. .........we now know who deep throat is and As I suspected from the beginning, Marilyn Monroe didn't commit suicide. CNN news just reported that her psychiatrist (sp) destroyed all his material about her but someone close to him took notes (I didn't catch the name) AND Joan Crawford had a one-night stand withMarilyn on the night of her demise. Is truth stranger than fiction, I ask you. I am waiting to find out the Kennedy involvement. Virginia was so enamored of Jackie and her beauty and social standing and I thought she looked like the French frog she was. I softened when I saw her composure and suffering on JFK's assinaion. During the ensuing period, I saw a front-page picture of her and Bobby going somewhere and the caption was all about how Bobby had taken over the "manly" functions of JFK's family. Now this was just a picture of two people going somewhere and I exclaimed"they are lovers." No reason--just gut feelings. Virginia was greatly miffed that I should say such a thing about her exaulted princess. Well, years later the truth came out and I couldn't believe that my instincts were once againso right on. I don't think VA was still alive, thus thwarting my great passion to trash her beloved. So now I'm finally gloating nd waiting for the rest of this story. Re the Sat Night Fever casset, Amazon wants you to join their club for $79 a year. I found another source at Wal-Mart for I think, under $l5 and ordered it, I should have gotten it this week and my new k/b too. I'm not holding my breadth. I'm still walzing to some ditzy CD and correcting my typing so you can read it. And sometimes, I can't even get it to connect me to the ISP. No matter, I finally have a mattress my back loves so alls well and life is just a bowl of cherries. Last week, I bought a plastic bag of the best tasting chrries and discovered when I got home they cost me over $15 bucks so I kid you not, life is indeed as good as a bowl of cherries. xoxoxo mah

8 Comments:

Blogger Connie in FL said...

You have the most amazing friends! So like you.

I see you are going for quality not quantity.... post on my dear.

1:36 PM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Oh Maryann..

What a treasure..

As are you RQM!

You do make me laugh...and I am so fucking thankful for that!

STB

4:24 PM  
Blogger Blogzie said...

Yippee! You blogged again! I'm so excited. I always feel so much better after a good blog.

How lucky you are to have a friend like MAH in your life. She is a true survivor and a class act.

But then, aren't we all?

x0x0x0x

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sublime said...

RQM,

Thank you once again for sharing. I'm crying from the post. Not because it was bad, but because I'm going through some crap in my life and feeling sorry for myself. You're friend Mary Ann sounds wonderful and you are truly blessed.

I'm only 30 and don't feel "...delighted to be on this earth..." Maybe by the time I'm 80 I will have learned to appreciate what I have.

Take care,
Sublime

5:28 PM  
Blogger nancy =) said...

i love coming to this blog and i adore your stories...you really seem like a person who is instantly adored by all the people you meet...peace...

1:05 AM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Nancy...

He is!

STB

8:42 AM  
Blogger Connie in FL said...

Yes indeed, Nancy, RQM is a very special person, adored AND loved.

5:01 PM  
Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

Oh, you guys and gals make me glad I met ya.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home