Tuesday, August 08, 2006

HELLO BLOGGERS DID YA MISS ME ?

I've been reading, re-reading.
All of:
Laurie R. King
Jean Auel
James Clavell
Patrica Nell Warren
Donna Leon
Christopher Rice
Anne Rice
Michael Dibdin
They're like old friends come to dinner.

My beloved sister Ruth Ann was here for 10 days. We talked, I cooked, we quilted (she taught me to sew), shopped for babyboy grandson Austin clothes, talked, ate, talked, read and talked some more.
She manages a sewing machine store in Missouri. Teaches people to use these fantastic computerized things that are amazing to watch in action.

I was twelve when she was born. Our mother took one of her "dives" when RA was about six months old. I became her third parent. In todays world our mother would be diagnosed bi-polar. For a twelve year old boy all I saw was a crazy woman. I lived in fear of her next episode. Would she be crouched behind the house crying for hours or would she be off somewhere, nobody knew where.
We both survived her and I'm happy to say RA is a terrific woman, mom, grandmother, sisterfriend.

When RA is in her sewing machine instructor mode, what a joy to watch. She is so helpful, kind, and generous with all she knows. She know alot too.
She "serviced" both my machines and now they purr.
Oddly enough RA has never quilted. While here I got her started on a quilt for the baby girl grandchild she hopes to have someday. Of course she will take it to the next level. She will embroider lady bugs and dragon flies all over it.

Geez, I started this over a month ago and then my hard thingy crashed.
Well, thanks to the Butler and that nice man in India I have a new hard thingy and all's well with the world.

I'm working six shows a week being House Manager To The Stars in Sarasota, quilting, reading, making peach pies, seeing my dearest darling cousin, and waiting for someone else to get booted off Runway.

I'm horrified by what is going on in the world.
There is no profit in peace.

You can stop holding your breath Blogzie!

rQm

15 Comments:

Blogger nancy =) said...

oh darling darling darling you have made my day =)

thank you thank you thank you

i just need to always know you're out there and you are okay...

how fortunate you are to have ra...i no longer speak to any of my siblings...my mom is bi-polar, too...diagnosed in the late seventies on the day i got my driver's license and drove her to the emergency room...

i love you...it is so good to hear your voice again...

ciao...

9:46 PM  
Blogger franklie said...

Welcome back. You've been missed.

10:47 PM  
Blogger alan said...

Welcome home my friend! Your words have been missed greatly!

alan

3:59 AM  
Blogger sjobs said...

Welcome Back!!! I have missed you so.....

My dad was diagnosed with bi-polar in 1994. It seems my mom kept him under control or so we thought. I do know much more then my brothers about their relationship but she had a good handle on him most of the time.

Ra is so lucky to have you as a brother....

Love ya,

Mary

11:03 PM  
Blogger I n g e r said...

Gasp! It's you!! So happy to see you popping in!!

You sound wonderful; I'm so glad you're having such a good summer. Try not to be such a stranger; you're such a light.

xoxox

11:18 PM  
Blogger Blogzie said...

Yes! You got your hard thingy working again.

Life is good.

I'm trying to breathe without sighing.

I Love You...

Mr Big Red.

x0x0x

2:51 AM  
Blogger dondon009 said...

You're back!

Oh Happy Day......

You've been missed and hopefully very soon, we'll all get back on track and have us a grand ole time in blogland!

DON~

12:10 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

welcome back... great to read you again.

summer sounds mighty fine there.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Phi said...

Geez, hon, how you've been missed!!! Can't tell you how many times I checked your blog to see if any trace of you had been left there...
I'm so so so relieved to read you again, you and your kind words - even when you talk about tough subjects!

I've missed you so so much and I'm at loss for words to tell you how happy I am to hear from you. I know it sounds a bit absurd, as I don't know you and you're so far away but... well, that's the truth, "you're so easy to love", as the song goes!
Take care
un abbraccio
Phi

2:50 AM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer RQM!

Glad to also know you came out intact on the other side of your mother's illness. Even though you only wrote a few lines about it, it was quite touching. It is a great reminder of why (for my son's sake) I need to stay in therapy and keep taking my 'sugar pills' even though everything seems quite skippy right now.

Take care,
Sublime

*It is imperative to find peace within, when the world is without*

9:10 AM  
Blogger Connie in FL said...

Sadly, I was out of town during Ruthann's visit. She is as delightful has her brother.... with an equally wicked sense of humor! Laughter is always in the air when
RQM & RA are around.

Both inherited our Grandmother's incredible gift of sewing up beautiful creations.

Our lunch the other day a much needed breath of fresh air my dear. Hugs and kisses to you and the girls!

2:15 PM  
Blogger nancy =) said...

hiya =)

just thinking about you and hoping you and the doggies are well...

are you practicing yet for this year's holiday choral concert? i'd love to see it...

cheers =)

~ n

9:59 AM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Will you ever post again is the question.

STB

9:43 AM  
Blogger dondon009 said...

The last time you posted was on my sisters birthday. She is now 6 days short of six months older.... and not a word from you since.

We still miss you!

DON~

3:12 PM  
Blogger Blogzie said...

If you blog again, I promise to give you lots of attention.

We miss our rQm.

x0x0x

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home