Saturday, April 29, 2006

PEPPERS



Use 6/8 softball size peppers.
Peel and seed the peppers.
Slice 6 cloves garlic.
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/3 cup olive oil
salt to taste, (I don't spare the salt).
Saute garlic until it starts to color.
Julienne peppers, add to oil with red pepper flakes on med/high heat for 4/5 minutes, keep turning.
Add salt and more pepper to taste
Reduce heat to low and simmer for another4/5 minutes.
Usually I toast country Italian bread, liberally rub it with a garlic clove then brush olive oil on the bread.

These peppers are great with risotto, pasta, eggs, salad or right out of the bowl.

rQm Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Connie in FL said...

I must say, RQM makes the best roasted peppers I have ever had. Very yummy. Thanks for sharing!

XOXO

11:39 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

yummy peppers.
this house is a pepper house.
my love, most especially is.
he even chomps down habaneros.
crazy man.

3:08 AM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Man oh man...


I'm coming for dinner soon..

STB

9:21 AM  
Blogger alan said...

Thank you for something wonderful to try!

alan

1:11 PM  
Blogger Blogzie said...

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.

I've got love in my tummy.

I like mine the size of softballs, too.

x0x0x

2:27 AM  
Blogger Phi said...

Roast peppers are one of my favourite things in lazy summer evenings, eating in the garden with friends.. I use also yellow and green peppers (though the green ones are a bit bitterer) and usually add some freshly chopped parsley, capers and some salted little anchovies.. mmmm!!

off topic: yesterday I went to see my ex quilt teacher. She's from Canada and is one of the best people I've ever had the chance to know. Needless to say, I thought of you and all of your wonderful quilts. I'm going to share your address with her, so PLEASE.. publish some more pics of your amazing work!
::hugs::

3:39 AM  
Blogger I n g e r said...

Do you know I've never had a stuffed pepper? (Never had a pizza, even, until I was in college.)

Really must prioritize such things...

How are you, RQM?! Hugs from your fans in CT!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home