Thursday, July 14, 2005

A Dirty Four Letter Word

work: physical or mental effort exerted to do or make something; purposeful activity; labor; toil. Geez, toil.
work...
I just hate the word. It's a dirty word.
I've always had to work. I never liked it and I always will.
I applied/interviewed/tested for work today. It's a cool job at
a local theatre, show biz don't ya know. I figured I could do what would be
required, so I said yes, they said, great.
And then...
Rules, time clocks, dress code. Dress code???? Honey, I gave up dresses years
ago. A twin set, maybe. Dresses no. And I might as well tell you right now. I'm not peeing in a cup.
Don't get me wrong. I know how lucky I am. And 24/7 I'm grateful.
Oh, shut up Pollyanna!
I'm starving, work makes me hungry, I'm eating.

3 Comments:

Blogger sttropezbutler said...

I'm so happy you're here.

Work. Sucks.

Doncha know.

7:49 PM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

PS
I love your profile....
STB

8:40 PM  
Blogger Connie in FL said...

Welcome RQM!

So glad you're here! Can't wait to hear about your first day at WORK!!! Break a leg!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home